Friday, June 4, 2010

Pride

When I became a mom, I vowed to always put my family before my house. It's a silly but strangely tough challenge at times seeing as having a family leads to a regularly demolished house. But I feel pretty good about the fact that my kids know that while cleanliness matters, they matter more.

Well, Stella now helps out around the house. When I sort and fold laundry, she pulls out all the napkins and dish towels and puts them away in their kitchen drawer.

She's determined, focused and chipper as she works.


Do you think I want to quickly reorganize the chaotic mess of towels when she's not looking? Absolutely. Do you think I do after seeing the look of pride on her face? Not a chance.

A little mess is so worth it.

1 comment:

Charley said...

I always tell myself "Water dries."