Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Highs & Lows of Almost Three



Last night, I came downstairs after putting Phoebe to bed only to find Stella curled in Brian's lap at the dinner table. She was sniffling and looking woefully sad. I inquired what happened, and she told me with massive emotion that "I'm just so sad, Mama. I want an owl tattoo."

A what?

"An owl tattoo."

It's so hard being almost three. (And it's so hard not laughing at some of what comes with living with an almost three year old.) The emotions run deep right now, and it's all so amazing and daunting and exciting and overwhelming.

So, just as millions of other big-hearted parents out there, we comforted our little girl by drawing an owl on her arm (which was them swiftly followed by a star).

I sort of wish all our challenges were so easily solved.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh little one...

Get her started on Owl City! We need another in the pack :D

Love ♥

Charley said...

I am loving this post.