Friday, September 17, 2010

Tiny Dancer



Is it embarrassing to admit to owning Madonna CD's at this point? Well, consider me embarrassed, but I'll own it since Stella is now in love with the Material Girl and I am, of course, responsible. Every morning before school, Stella says, "Let's fly, Mama. Can we fly?" Which is my cue to put on Madonna's "Ray of Light." She then soars around the kitchen with a beaming smile and then seriously boogies. And I have to say it's not an entirely horrible way to wake up; I'm usually right there beside her, jumping around like a crazy, happy chicken.

Today I swear Stella looked at me with the purest form of delight when I showed her how to use the spoon as a microphone. For a moment I was Madonna in her eyes. (Fantasy fulfilled. Moving on.) This brings back so many memories for me - Oh, the Go Go's... Oh, Grease... Oh, The Beatles - and I see many years ahead of us watching our girls ham it up to the latest.

1 comment:

Tricia McIntosh said...

Katherine, I have found memories of singing and dancing with you to the Grease soundtrack. It seemed every Sunday after church we were at it. I was 17 and you were 6. I was able to be a kid with you, and it was sheer fun. I cherish those memories!