Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The List is Long



My love list for Phoebe grows longer every day. And I suspect, just like with Stella's, it will never end.

I love her little hands. I love the food stains smudged everywhere because she's a terrifically messy eater. I love her little elf ears. I love her fierce need to cuddle Mama. I love how she chews on my shoulder and coos. (I will miss that so very much.) I love her smell. I love how she twists like a little punk whenever I try to change her - little stinker. I love her willingness to simply go for the ride.


I love how she watches her sister. I love how she beams and squeals every time Stella enters the room. I love that she's like her sister and nothing like her sister. I love that she's helped me be a better and calmer Mama. I love watching her reunite with her beloved Papa who can now hold and snuggle her again. I love seeing her examine people. I love watching her lock eyes with strangers from across the grocery aisle and make them smile. Did I mention the ears?


I love her eagerness to smile and love and laugh.

She's a little moonbean, this one. Lucky us.

No comments: