Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School Days


It's official. Stella goes to school.

With great anticipation and countless proud smiles (on the part of Stella and Mama), Stella started pre-school yesterday. After about five minutes of last minute anxiety, Stella was ready to rock and kept begging me, "Can I go to school all by myself now? How about now? Now? Let's go!" Her brief first day was wonderful, and she was totally psyched to go again this morning. When I dropped her off this morning, she looked back at me with a huge grin and said, "I love you, Mama. See you soon!" And as I was waiting to pick her up, I caught her chatting with her teacher, Kathie. She and Kathie were just gabbing, smiling and holding hands. As we adjust to this new phase of schedules, new friends and wholesome learning, I am so pleased to know our Big Kid Scout is in such loving hands.

(If you're interested in seeing Stella's school, let me know. I'd love to pass on their wonderful website. We couldn't have dreamed a better place for our girl.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stella! You are now on the road to endless learning and boundless opportunity...Hooray!!!

Alex said...

Oh happy day! Soak it up little one.