Sunday, August 8, 2010

Three!!!





It's the understatement of the year to claim that Stella is excited to be three. She's thrilled; she's proud; she's driven to rolling down hills with exuberant joy. This kid is three is she's ready to tell the world. (She also tells some folks she's nine, so there.)

Despite an unexpected and chilly drizzle, we had a great time celebrating Stella's third birthday with friends and family. Stella partied with her best buds at our favorite park, and she was more than happy to continue the festivities back at home with a family dinner. When I asked her at the end of the day what her favorite part of the day was, this was her reply: "My heart-shaped cake, seeing everyone I love and rolling down the hill at the park." A good life, huh?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to a yummy potluck. I think the bagels and cream cheese were a hit.

Scarlet

Isaac

Nali

Iluma

There's an ease around these two that kills me. Sure, they occasionally struggle as most best buds do. But they totally get one another. And crawling down the giant hill like jaguars was immediately embraced by both.

(I had to, Amelia. I just had to.)


Phoebe was a great sport, braving the cold in the arms of many beloveds.



(And again, I had to, Mom. I had too. You're just too darn cute.)

And lest you think all the fun was had by three year olds, think again. Yes. These mature and accomplished adult mothers decided it was a good idea - a fun idea even - to cartwheel down the giant hill. I have nothing to say but this - Happy Birthday, Stella Scout! I will cartwheel to the ends of the earth for you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh my. Oh, oh my.

I'm so glad I could be there! The memories (and extremely exaggerated smiles) will live on forever!

Alex said...

Woo-hoo big girl!! So glad good times were had.