Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ooh, Crayons


Phoebe has discovered crayons. After about a week of her trying to tell a tired and foggy Mama that she really is capable of using the crayons for coloring rather than consuming, Stell and I dove into the crayon tin with Phoebe. Phoebe oohed and aahed with such sweet reverence, carefully choosing each color and watching her big sister for support. And then she went for it. Funnily enough, her drawings are different than Stella's first attempts. She's a broad scribbler, large arcs and earthy colors. (I'm actually being really serious. Stella has always reached for blue while Phoebe is showing a real affinity for browns and blacks with an occasional orange thrown in for pop. I love it.)


And since Phoebe got to try out Stella's booster seat, Stella got to use the oh-so-coveted (???) high chair as her drawing board. They were at it for about an hour, grooving to music and chatting quietly. I see many afternoons ahead of us spent in this ordinary yet fabulous way.


Big hand, little hand.

(I actually went to sleep that night with this image in my head. Be still my heart.)

No comments: