Monday, January 25, 2010

A Handful of Gems

A few Stella gems from the last few days:

"We fed the ducks. They have bread in their tummies.... let's go get sushi."

"Sushi brings me happy."

"When Junebug comes out, your tummy will be squished!"

As I was cleaning up breakfast this morning, I overheard Stella telling herself a story. I asked her if she wanted me to write down her story so we could tell Papa later. Here's what she came up with:

"Once upon a time there was a girl named Stella, and once upon a time there was a girl named Junebug. Stella played and played and played. Then it was time for night-night, and she used bunk beds with Junebug on the bottom and Stella on the top. Once upon a time Stella woke up and Junebug woke up and Mama and Papa woke up, and it was summertime. The end."

1 comment:

emma said...

Ooooo.
I love the name Junebug for new baby.
Been thinking about you Kath!
xo