Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Glorious Glorious Spring


Oh happy day!

Spring has hit the northwest. And yes, we all know we're probably not out of the chilly woods yet, but we're going to milk this glorious sunshine for as long as we can.

We've spent nearly every waking moment outside these past few days, and Stella is becoming quite the little gardener/hunter and gatherer. She's currently obsessed with collecting pine cones, dirt and dandelion heads. Oh, and talk of dead beetles literally sends her into a joyous frenzy. It's a bit strange, I admit, to hear my beautiful and sleepy child sweetly ask for "Dead Beetle?" as I put her to sleep. Goofball.

(I hope y'all can see the remnant of dandelion love on Stella's upper lip in the last picture. I guess buttercups have nothing on this resourceful little gardener.)

No comments: