Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Post About Walking


It may be chilly here in the Northwest, but it's been remarkably dry. So we've perfected the art of bundling up and head outside as much as possible. Stella, as usual, loves our daily walks and appears more and more comfortable hanging out in our hood. She loves studying the birds, stopping by our neighbors to see their new cat, Frank, lounging in the window, and she is fascinated with picking out moss from the sidewalk cracks. It's amazing how much there is to explore on one city block.


Here Stella expresses an interest in walking toward the dangerously busy street at the end of our block.


Here Stella mimics Mama's words, "No, no, no. Too busy, busy, busy."


(I'm really hoping I don't make this face as I say "No, no, no." Worth pondering. It's so funny to me how emphatically toddlers mirror your guidance. I'll calmly and quietly tell her to not go into the street, and she'll then mimic my "orders" with an overly dramatic reenactment.)

No comments: