Saturday, October 25, 2008

Short Stack


I now find beautiful little piles of blocks all over the house and I love it.

Stella now builds. She's really intrigued with her blocks all of a sudden and has moved past the hilarious phase of sheer destruction. Instead of indiscriminately obliterating all towers and mazes Mama artfully constructs for her amusement, she now takes part in the creation. I love it.

What cracks me up is that she makes a little pile, drags the basket of blocks to another spot in the room and then creates another. It's almost as if she's instigating a modern sculpture installation in our home. Again, I love it.

The other night, I actually left one of the sculptures in the center of room as I was cleaning up because it was frankly so pretty to me.

Here are two of my favorites from the last few days.



No comments: