Saturday, March 3, 2012

Small Moments




It's these small moments that get me. As Phoebe has hit two with passion and will and Stella navigates her growing independence and boundless curiosity, I often find myself focusing on the grander moments of fiery challenge or gorgeous beauty when I reflect upon our days. But as most parents know, it's the small moments that are often the most humbling and beautiful.

Frankly, the world seems really hurried right now. I know this isn't an original or revolutionary idea. And I know I'm not alone in thinking this. So as I attempt to create a calm, uncluttered and conscious home from which our kids can explore, play, stumble, rest and love, I'm trying to take note of these little moments. And since I remember playing dress up by myself, reading stories with my mom and driving to school with my dad more than any spectacular adventure, I am reminded that my effort to create that more conscious and centered home is good, worthwhile work. 

And really, shouldn't we all be stretching and playing in our bathing suits all day long? (Actually, it's a miracle these kids are clothed at all in these photos. I swear, these little naturalists have finely honed my appreciation for cutie patooties.) 

No comments: