Saturday, December 24, 2011

The First Nutcracker


Stella experienced her first Nutcracker ballet this year at our beautiful local theater. She's been loving dance for several months now, and the thought of seeing real ballet... on a stage... in a real theater.... she was beside herself.  Both Grandma Carol and Grandma Jannie joined Stella and I as we enjoyed a lovely and dignified lunch of tea and scones at our tea shop and then sat captivated watching the performance.  Needless to say, it was a huge hit, and it was a sweet walk down memory lane for me and my mom since I saw my first Nutcracker around the same age as Stella and was just as smitten. 


Dressing up is always a thrill.


So is hamming it up for the camera. 


And soaking up the Grandmas is always a treat.

Stella has been en pointe now for about three weeks, and I think we've listened to The Nutcracker over a hundred times. Yup, over a hundred times. 

No comments: