Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sister Love


My hope is that they'll always know it feels better to hug than hurt.

My hope is that they hold each other fiercely when they need love and understanding.

My hope is that they give each other space when they need love and understanding.

My hope is that they forgive one another for who they are and what they do.

My hope is that they'll make fun of me and Brian together. (For two giggling daughters are easier to swallow than one.)

My hope is that they'll couch their honesty with gentle compassion but that they'll always always always tell each other the truth.

My hope is that they'll hold one another accountable.

My hope is that they'll let each other be stupid and clumsy and crazy as long as they handle other people's hearts with care.

My hope is that they hold hands when they're older.

My hope is that they tell each other I Love You every time they talk.

My hope is that they still find each other as amusing and lovely when they're old bitties as they do now.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Well said my friend. Some serious cuteness here.

Tricia McIntosh said...

I love this one!