Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blurry Love



It's the ordinary nights that blow my mind lately. As Stella and I say, "I feel like my heart is going to explode" at times, watching the girls dance around the kitchen, talking and squawking, as Brian and I clean up after dinner. No matter what kind of day we've had - and we've had some stellar days lately - our nights have a groove and a rhythm that is so predictable and so comforting. Sure, we have our rituals and routines during the day, but the fact that it's all four of us at night is just so lovely.

Brian shot these pictures the other night after we had finished up cleaning and were just hanging out on the floor of the kitchen. As I've mentioned before, I so rarely see myself as a Mama since I'm so in it. And I'm often the one behind the camera. So seeing these truly candid moments where the girls are loving on me is so sweet and so tender.

I love how Stella is so her own person at this point. She's Stella Scout, and she's ready to conquer the world. But yeah, a squeeze from Mama is always a good thing. And all the emotional stretching and growing we experienced over the summer is really paying off. She's demonstrating such a mature sense of clarity when it comes to expressing her emotions. We couldn't be more proud.

And Phoebe? This kid is a lover, I tell ya. She adores most everyone she meets and charms the socks off the grumpiest of the grumps. But she and I? We've got a love thing going on that could move mountains. Launch ships. Create world peace. So I love these blurry, impromptu shots of my girls grabbing me, loving me and giving me the privilege of loving them.

No comments: