Monday, May 4, 2009

Catching Up


Hey Y'all! Life has been a bit busy around here, and I'm just now sorting through photos, stories and potentially blogworthy posts. We enjoyed a really fabulous mini-vacation in Seattle last week, but I'm having a bit of trouble downloading our photos for some reason. Once things become less wonky, I'll post our faves.

Stella is now a talking machine. This morning, she explained to me that "Cars drive fast, wheels turn round... rainy day, La La read stories." It's so much fun to hear her tell us about her adventures from the previous day every morning when we cuddle and read in bed. She's focusing on numbers and counting and, even more than before, is fascinated by bugs and animals. We definitely (and happily!) have a little naturalist on our hands. (The picture above is a common sight in our yard. Stella is downright obsessed with finding new bugs and hit the toddler jackpot the other day when she and I found ants, a potato bug, lady bugs, spiders and a caterpillar all in one afternoon. I must say that we're loving this phase. It's just so much fun to let our inner kid take over, sitting for long stretches to marvel at the true coolness of ants and ladybugs. What a gift.

Again, I'll post again soon once I work through these pesky technical difficulties. Soon...

No comments: