Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope Prevails

We're elated and thrilled. Most of all, we're proud. This is the first time Brian and I have felt proud to be Americans. And we are so proud to show Stella that this country is capable of unity, hope and true democracy. I look forward to watching her grow in the next eight years with a leader who not only inspires us to be our best selves, but leads with integrity and intelligence.

Oh, happy day. Hope prevails.

Stella couldn't wait to bump it for Obama.

(Thanks to Lauren and Chris who hosted a wonderful Obama victory party. For those of us without television, it was a true treat seeing joyous crowds all over the world and to share that with good friends. Cheers to great neighbors, near and far.)

For all the O Stella followers, do you remember these pictures? When Stella was just six months old, Grandma Carol and I took her to her first political rally (fifteen thousand people!) where she got to actually see and hear Barack Obama speak. These pictures crack me up because she's so darn little and so darn cute, but they tickle me most because I have to believe Obama saw Stella for a split second as I held her above my head in that ridiculously loud red snow suit. Yup, that's what I'll tell her when she grows up - Barack Obama looked upon you. Good stuff.

Looking toward change.

No comments: