Friday, June 27, 2008

Kisses

As the mother of an incredibly active eleven month old, I feel like all I ever say is "I turned around for just ten seconds and..."

Stella's favorite new activity is kissing. She wants to kiss Mama. She wants to kiss Papa. She wants to kiss her stuffed lamby. She wants to kiss her buddy Isaac. She wants to kiss characters in her books. But most of all, she wants to kiss the object of her affection, obsession and fascination - Vinnie. Stella essentially spends a good part of her days following Vinnie around the house, laughing at him, enticing him to a game of chase-the-ball and just loving him (aka "mauling").


Yesterday, I turned around for that classic ten seconds, heard Stella make her kissing sound ("Ahhhhhhhh") and saw her kissing Vinnie as he napped. Yup, her Vinnie kisses have now evolved into ear sucking. Yum.

I've been wondering why I've found Vinnie with soggy ears for the last few days. Mystery solved.

1 comment:

emma said...

Get that kid an agent.
For print and commercial work.
She'll be happy to have the money later. And she has such well adjusted parents that it would never "ruin" her. You might want to get Vinnie one too. . . .